Friday, June 29, 2018

Yarn Review: Vinni's Colours Bambi Yarn, Crochet and Weaving

I am picky when it comes to cotton yarns. Cotton can be hard to work with because it lacks elasticity. I was pleasantly surprised when I started crocheting with Bambi by Vinni's Colours. It was cool to the touch and smooth. The yarn is a blend of 70% cotton and 30% bamboo viscose. It crocheted so easily and it was enjoyable to work with.
The yarn is textured with parts of it being thick and thin. As you can see, it crochets up pretty evenly.
Cotton yarns can be very difficult to weave on a pin loom. The 3 layer warp plus the 4th weaving layer can be tricky to execute if the yarn does not have much elasticity. I warped the Schacht Spindle Co Zoom Loom with a little slack. It got a little tight at the very last row when I wove it, but it wasn't hard at all. I know for next time, I will give the yarn more slack when I warp it.
I think it wove up nicely on the Zoom Loom. The thick and thin of the yarn gave the finished square some texture. I would definitely use this yarn for weaving, crocheting and knitting. The yarn is all hand dyed and comes in many delightful colors.

No comments: