Friday, February 10, 2017

Quince & Co Scarves, etc 6: Clinton Hill

 
© Whitney Hayward 

This is my 3rd year in a row to have my design be part of Quince & Co's annual scarves collection. Scarves, etc 6 is a beautiful collection of 10 accessories for keeping warm. The photography is stunning as always, but I really enjoyed seeing them use more models from different ethnicities. Well done, Quince & Co!
 © Whitney Hayward

My design is a cowl called Clinton Hill. It is inspired by the wrought iron gates in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn. It was where I called home for 8 years. Whenever I walked by the classic brownstones, I admired the different designs on the wrought iron gates and banisters. I wanted to pay homage to where I started designing knitwear patterns. 


The cowl is something you can definitely knit up in a weekend. It is knit in the round from the bottom up. The texture is created by slip stitches. I had so much fun tinkering with the stitch pattern to get the result I was after.
Quince & Co's Osprey Yarn was a delight to knit with. It is springy yet lofty. As you can see, the stitches really pop. For the best results, you will find that soaking and blocking brings out the stitch pattern even more. The color used for the sample is called Fjord. You can find the pattern on Ravelry and Quince & Co.                                      

No comments: